Fashionably Fit

You know what I'm terrible at? Wearing bright colours in winter, seriously awful at it. I just naturally get drawn to all my dark wardrobe pieces; blacks, greys, dark blues, dark greens. I manage stripes (a lot!) but that's about it. I know that if I surround myself with bright colours it lifts my spirits a lot at this time of year so I thought a change was due.

So when I was asked to take part in the Fashionably Fit campaign and try some new Nike workout kit from SportsShoes I saw this as a brilliant excuse to choose some really bright colours and brighten up my workout wardrobe. 


I went a bit crazy with pink. I ORDERED ALL THE PINK. 2 tank vests, capri workout pants and, as I'm dancing a little more these days, some studio training shoes. 




So much pink! When I opened this package I thought I may have been a bit brave with the colours but after trying everything on I love all the clothes so much! The capris are the most comfortable things ever (they'd be ideal for yoga too), the tanks will need to be layered as one of them is rather see-thru, but with a black sports bra I think they look great, and the shoes are going to be my saviour - there's nothing worse than trying to do Zumba in big, clunky trainers! My spirits shot up! I look so bright and ready to workout towards springtime with some serious enthusiasm. 

As you might see in the photos, I'm not wearing any make-up. I tend not to wear make-up during a workout as I sweat like crazy and the last thing I want is my make-up clogging my pores. If I go to the gym after work I will use a skincare wipe to remove anything from my face first but I leave my eye make-up on. In fact I usually use that as a test for how hardy my eyeliner and mascara can be! My philosophy when it comes to personal appearance is that you should feel happy and confident with how you look, it's not vanity, it's just wanting to the look the best you possibly can. If it inspires and motivates you, then go for it (this is why I weightlift in WonderWoman Converse!).

CONFESS! Have you even worn make-up to the gym? Ever dressed up more for it to inspire you to work harder? Am I the only person who goes running in a Game of Thrones tshirt? (NERD!)
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

7 comments:

  1. Loving the pink vest top! Girl you look great without makeup! I sometimes wear makeup and do my hair in a nice ponytail for working out, I like to feel good! But somedays I just can't be bothered and scruffy bun with no makeup is a must x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever made a massive effort when working out - usually I just fall into the gym after work or half asleep on a Sunday!

      Delete
  2. I love a bit of pink for the gym, although I have recently started wearing my AC/DC tee shirt ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have a guilty pleasure of wearing professional wrestling tshirts too. I'm such a nerd.

      Delete
  3. Game of Thrones tee- hand up right here! Wearing one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only wear bright colors when I go running during the winter haha :)

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig