The March Round-Up

Birthday month is always a busy one, and this one was no exception!


Born on St. Patrick's Day, therefore Guinness is a birthday essential

It started well enough, with a visit to the Beavertown tap room to drink a lot of their beers with my friends (after a hard morning of nerding in Forbidden Planet with the girls):




I can't help but think that putting the Untappd app on my phone has made drinking beer a bit like a game of Pokemon now. 

I went to the Women of the World festival, to see Queen Gillian, which I told you all about in this post. 

I went to see the brilliant Pippa Evans at Soho Theatre, who was amazing. She's very funny, very quick, very musical  and very British. 

The day after I went to breakfast club at Ping Coombe's restaurant Chi Kitchen




I've developed a heavy addiction to Malaysian sweet coffee after that brunch. 

I started #BirthdayWeek at Book Slam at the Wellcome Collection




I bought myself Elements of the Periodic Table Top Trumps that night. Taking my gaming to a whole new level of nerd. 

I visited to Royal Academy of Arts to see the America After the Fall: Painting in the 1930's exhibit, because I love me some Edward Hopper and I wanted to finally see this Grant Wood piece:




When I was in Chicago in 2014 it was on loan, so I soon as I discovered it was in London I ran to see it. 

I saw Derren Brown's new-ish show, which is a bit of a mash-up of his previous UK shows, as he's cultivating a show to take to the US next month: 





And, most importantly, I finally got to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts 1 & 2.




I've got a whole post coming dedicated to this, which will contain NO SPOILERS, so look out for that next month.

I got SO MANY amazing birthday gifts. I had TWO signed books gifted to me (Buzz Aldrin and Kevin Smith), I got twinkly lights, tshirts, jewellery with stars on, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and graphic novels about physicists. I can't believe how lucky I was to get so many 'me' things. My friends know me incredibly well.



Honourable mention for my OHP birthday card. This is what happens when you go see Festival of the Spoken Nerd, your friend (Martin) mentions that he still has an OHP and you decide to lay down a gauntlet for a birthday card to be created for you (when will my friends learn that if you give in to my requests you enable my behaviour further?)

After birthday, things calmed down a bit. I did some catch ups with friends that I've not seen for a few months, went on a team night out with work to a Brazilian rodizio (and felt so full that eating went out of the window for a couple of days afterwards) and went to watch 2001: A Space Odyssey again, as it needed a second watch on a big screen (and it was even better than the first). 

I've been doing great swims and lots of cycles (maximising the lack of gym membership spending). Now the evenings are lighter I'm hoping to get out on Pendletonpops (yes, my bike has a name) a lot more, weather permitting.



I seem to have gained my road confidence back and my cycling distances have been slowly creeping up. Swimming is going great guns, I'll be swimming a mile per session before I know it! 

March has flown by. I can see why but I'm never surprised when it does. I love March. I love my birthday, I love the clocks changing, I love the daylight and the sunshine, I love filling my home with daffodils, I love thinking about the summer ahead and all things coming up this year.




Looking ahead to April is exciting because I've given myself an extended Easter break this year, with six whole days off, WOOHOO! I've got Secret Cinema's Moulin Rouge to look forward to (and a costume to finish), a Doctor Who BFI event before the new series airs, Yuri's Night celebrations and more theatre. And Malteser Bunnies, obvs. 

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig